Men’s 'Live-In' Treatment Centre
A 42 to 84-day trauma-informed ‘live-in’ addiction treatment program for men.
Established in 1975, Halton Recovery House is a 21-bed ‘live-in’ addiction treatment program. Using an evidence-based and gender-responsive curriculum that is trauma-informed, this holistic 42 to 84-day program provides an ‘abstinence-based’ approach to recovery; in a rural home-like setting, which offers the safety, serenity and support men need to begin their healing journey. Our uniquely qualified and dedicated professional staff team – many of whom are also in recovery, deliver comprehensive services, which recognize men’s individual needs, situations and experiences. A physician, specializing in addiction and mental health visits on-site every week to tend to the often complex health needs of our ‘live in’ program participants.
The Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (Government of Ontario) provides core funding for sixteen beds, which are available to any man with a valid Health Card who meets the admission criteria. Five beds are reserved for men with extended healthcare benefits or who pay privately for a "no-wait-admission". A program fee (*rate establish annually – contact us for details) is payable upon admission by every participant, to offset the cost of specialized program materials and activities.
- Men, ages 18 and over, experiencing addition to alcohol and/or other drugs
- Inquires from Employee Assistance Plan and Union Representatives welcome
- Participants' physical and mental health must be stable enough to fully participate in a structured, intensive treatment program; as evidenced by their physician's report form and any other health reports that may be required
- Recovery goals must be compatible with ‘12-Step’, ‘abstinence-based’ treatment philosophy. Hope Place Centres is striving towards being recognized as a “Centre of Excellence” for ‘abstinence-based’ treatment
- Our clinical model requires that men using drug replacement therapy (eg. Methadone, Buprenorphine) be referred to another, more appropriate treatment program
- Participants are required to engage in screening and assessment procedures (including a telephone and face-to-face interview); and must satisfy pre-treatment requirements (telephone contacts and community ‘self-help’ group meeting attendance)
What to Expect
The gender-specific, 42 to 84-day addiction treatment program addresses the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual aspects of addiction. Components of the program include:
- Pre-admission interview and orientation to the treatment program.
- Psycho-educational groups, process groups and individual counseling.
- Working through addiction-related issues: trauma, guilt, grief, denial, unresolved anger, assertiveness, self-esteem, and relapse prevention.
- Building healthy relationships and practicing effective communication skills.
- Participating in healthy leisure activities: yoga, swimming, art therapy, and volleyball
- Participating in ‘12-Step’ meetings off-site
- Family and friends are welcome to pick up their loved one for a visit on Sundays between noon to 6:00pm after the man completes his first 30 days of treatment
- Before having a Sunday visit, the primary support people who wish to visit are required to attend a psycho-educational family group session called "Steps to Self Care" (held off-site at our Community-Based Treatment Centre location)
- Self-referrals can be made by calling the Admissions Coordinator at 905.878.1120, ext. 222 or 228 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday to Friday (except holidays) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sixteen beds are available at no charge (valid Health Card required), except for a PROGRAM FEE (*contact us for current rate), payable upon admission. The admissions process will be explained during self-referral, and each man will be asked to arrange for completion of the standardized assessment required
- Once the standardized assessment is completed, the Admission Coordinator will contact potential participants to arrange an interview
- If our program is determined to be a good match for the man’s specific treatment goals, he will then be placed on a waiting list for the first available bed. If our program is not a good match, men are referred to a treatment centre appropriate for their needs
- Priority shall be given to individuals who face imminent and severe consequence if treatment initiation is delayed, including but not limited to; incarceration, child custody/welfare issues, impact on immigration or similar status, academic or regulatory requirements. Priority status shall be given to individuals who are seeking their first residential treatment admission over those who are seeking a second or subsequent admission.
Continuing Care Programs
We know that the hardest part of your recovery begins right after your ‘live-in’ treatment ends. That is why we have created a network of community-based supports and services, to help you build a recovery that is strong enough to last a lifetime. At Hope Place Centres, many of us have ‘been there’ and our own lived-experience makes us great when it comes to knowing what it takes to succeed in early recovery. It makes no difference whether your journey began in one of our ‘live-in’ treatment programs or someplace else; what really matters is the BIG difference that ‘HOPE’ can make in your recovery today. Reach out and connect with ‘HOPE’ right now by email at email@example.com or give us a call toll free at 1.877.761.6357 to find out more about the services listed below.
- CONNECTIONS Group (Shame & Resiliency)
- Men’s Peer Support Group
- A Man’s Way through the 12 Steps Group
- Sober Dads Group
- Parenting Basics Group
- Individual Counselling
- Family & Friends Peer Support Group
- Couples & Family Counselling
- NADA Auricular (ear) Acupuncture
*Supports and services at ‘HOPE’ are always free, we also have childcare available at no charge and can even assist you with the cost of transportation.
How to Reach Us
Hope Place Men's Centre – Men's 'Live-In' Treatment Program
8173 Trafalgar Road, Hornby, ON L0P 1E0
P 905.878.1120 / TF 1.877.761.6357 / F 905.878.1269