Community-Based Treatment Program
Hope Place Community-Based Treatment Centre established in 2003, offers the Baby’s Best Beginnings Program (addiction treatment), the P-A-T-T-E-R-N-S Program (for family & friends), and all our Continuing Care Programs & Services that support enhanced recovery.
Children are innocent. From the ages 0 – 6 they are completely dependent on the adult caregivers in their lives (usually parents) to provide for them physically, emotionally and spiritually. Children need to feel safe and secure in their environment. They need to know that their needs will be honoured and met. Children are looking to their caregivers as role models for how to solve problems, how to cope with stress and how to deal with frustration and anger.
Parental substance abuse can interfere with children getting their needs met. When parents are using substances to cope with life, they are often not able to be fully present with their children. When substance use has progressed to dependence, then it is likely that children will feel the effects of having their needs met inconsistently or not at all.
Sometimes children need adults, other than their parents, to stand up for them. This could mean that the Children’s Aid Society determines that the children are at risk for abuse or neglect, and so they take the children into care. If this happens, Hope Place Centres’ Baby’s Best Beginnings program is there to help.
Over the past several years, many women have been helped by the caring and competent Case Managers in the Baby’s Best Beginnings program. Mothers have received the addictions treatment and support they needed to reach the goal of having children returned to their care. Women who are dependent on substances aren’t ‘bad mothers’. They are women who need addiction treatment, care and support in order to learn new ways of coping. They may also be required to attend parenting education.
If so, Hope Place Centres’ Parenting Basics Group is offered three times per year at various community sites to help mothers get in touch with what they already know about parenting, and to help them learn new skills and strategies.
Baby’s Best Beginnings provides:
- Free and confidential counselling and support services on-site at our Community Centre or in the Halton/Peel community where the woman lives, for up to two years.
- Help setting goals, whether ‘harm reduction’ or ‘abstinence-based’ recovery objectives
- Assessments for admission to Hope Place Women’s ‘Live-In’ Treatment Centre
- Parenting Basics Group
- Information sessions on substance use when pregnant or parenting
- Referrals to other services in the community
Call us at 905.465.3324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
Hope Place Centres’ P-A-T-T-E-R-N-S Program provides counseling and education services to people affected by another person’s addiction to alcohol or other drugs. The services strengthen families by promoting family assets and providing links with community resources.
The P-A-T-T-E-R-N-S Program provides:
- Individual, couples and family counselling, offering flexible hours, matching families to treatment approaches, accessing their ability to solve problems and promoting healing
- Psycho-educational groups, monthly, for family members of participants of our ‘live-in’ treatment programs at Women’s and Men’s Centre sites (Steps to Self-Care)
- Peer support group, where family & friends can share and learn from each other’s experience, strength and hope
Hope Place Community Centre – Community-Based Treatment Centre
8173 Trafalgar Road, Hornby, ON L0P 1E0
P 905.465.3324 / F 905.465.3321